Could EZ Cool’s insulation claims be true?
How come everybody doesn’t know about this stuff? Here are some specs that were taken when a Citroen was being insulated: (Check out the work that was done here.)
The room temperature, just above the Citroen’s floor, registered 57 degrees Fahrenheit.
With no insulation. 20 minutes with a shop blow heater. 80.6 degrees Fahrenheit.
With EZ Cool’s insulation. 20 minutes with a shop blow heater. 62.6 degrees Fahrenheit.
There is a company called Insulation for Less that even has some that is “decorative” with a wood grain. They have this to say:
- R-value 16 unaffected by humidity
- Prevents 97% of radiant heat transfer
- Vapor barrier
- Prevents condensation
- 19dba contact noise reduction
- 90 degree celsius (194 fahrenheit) contact temperature rating
- UV resistance
- Does not promote mold or mildew
- Does not provide for nesting of rodents, bugs or birds
- Seals around nails (no leak)
- Energy Star Qualified : ICC-ES Recognized
- Member of US Green Building Council – Made with 100% recyclable virgin raw materials
- Over 2 billion square feet sold worldwide.
I am a believer
The moisture control and the r-value and the ease of insulation and the price and the rat/mouse proof, and the fire retardant and the ……
If the topper goes the way of aluminum this insulation will be tops on the essentials list.
I will need to add adhesive and some joinery material and a sharp implement to the essentials list, also.
This is for the aluminum top … Perhaps the fiberglass will not need the extra insulation/moisture control.