I am not traveling at the moment. I got a job with some friends and a beautiful place to stop for a while. The hiatus will give me time (and money) to do a few upgrades to Lilith and the living area.
Two years ago this took less than $100 and less than 3 hours to build. It turned into a terrific home.
Of course the towels-as-curtains will get replaced. (After 5 years they haven’t been replaced. ) I am now toying with the idea of doing the whole thing over, with more attention to detail. With better quality wood. With more sanding. With some kind of stain or paint on the floor. There are some areas (like around the wheel wells) that need more attention. As is they are wasted space. When the space is this tiny every centimeter counts!
Some things to replace:
1. I hate the little round puck lights to read by. Not enough light. So I switched to head lamps. Not the best solution as they drive me crazy after an hour of reading (they are either to tight or too loose or not reading-light compatible). Finally found the ideal solution. These lights work.
2. I would like to put a screen material over the window by the cab. I usually have it open, but bugs see the reading person in the bed and get in. After several years it doesn’t bother me. Will forget this improvement.
3. I need a cool, dark place to keep fruits and veggies. I do not want to carry as much boxed/canned food. Have been using under the bed. Seems to work.
4. I want a good coffee/travel mug. Too many times with cold coffee spilled while driving. Broke down and got a Yeti. Very happy with this … keeps things very hot or very cold for a very long time. Easy to clean..
5. Good light weight, light colored materials for curtains. Eh. Forget it. I am using two kitchen towels. Works.