I am more scared of electrical shocks than I thought. When the water flooded there was an inverter hooked up to batteries. Everything was in 3″ of water. Agh! I couldn’t bring myself to step in the water and unhook everything. I asked for help from a camper, who happened to be a master electrician. His name, aside from “My Hero” was Allen. He showed me how I would have gotten shocked (the inverter wires were exposed). Phew. All unhooked, all safe.
The marmot has taken residence under the bathrooms. I see him every afternoon.
Setting up the tarp was easier than I remembered. It will provide some wind and rain protection.
The savior in the tarp world has been these grippers. They do not tear, hold on tight, and are easy to reposition. I would provide an Amazon link if I could find what they are called, but no luck.
Right now there is no rain in sight. That is scary.
“Nearly 600 firefighters are helping to battle the 4,015-acre wildfire that broke out Friday morning north of Durango. At least 825 homes have been evacuated, and the fire is 10 percent contained.”
This is not far, south east of Burro Bridge. The San Juan Forest is completely closed to all campfires, welding, and smoking. Serious.
Aside from fire danger, the campground has been tended to assiduously. There have been very few campers, so I have been weed eating and painting old tables. I am tan, healthy and happy wandering around the San Juan National Forest.