I don’t have the tools (expertise or patience) to redo the interior of the truck. I began looking around for help and https://www.aspencustomvans.com/ was recommended. Wow. They look way out of my price range. I don’t need fancy, just functional. But on the off chance they were looking for something fun to do, I sent them this letter.
Dear folks, I have been living in a 2006 Toyota Taco for the last 5 years. I am now back in Woody Creek for a year or two and am hoping to get help fixing up the interior. All of the plywood needs replacing and painted. I built this in a March snow storm in a hurry. There is now mold happening. I don’t need much, just help with some basics. And maybe some upgrades like drawers. Or any suggestions that you may have.
I do realize that this is not your normal kind of work. If you cannot do this I would appreciate any recommendations.
I heard from them and they will be willing to take a look at the truck when they return from vacation. I sent them this picture, after I emptied out EVERYTHING.
Then I started planning. What fun. I made a list of things that had to get done and a list of extras if the budget allowed.
1. All existing plywood replaced. Coated with something that prohibits moisture. Making sure that the tie down bolts for the topper are accessible.
2. Fire extinguisher placed.
3. Back light correctly installed.
4. Window opening reversed.
5. Kangaroo-rat-proof drawer installed under bed.
6. Middle section liftable, to access back sides.
7. Grommets on outside to attach tarp. (I used 4 different glues and none worked.)
I gave up on this list, not knowing if I can even afford the basics. I will wait on the big dreams after I get the estimate for the basics. Do you have any wild ideas?